Day Therapy Service Goals and Aims
Mildmay’s therapeutic and innovative Day therapy Service develops goal orientated plans which seek to maximise independence, promote the acquisition of skills and build confidence. The programme of activities strengthens abilities and promotes better maintenance of physical, psychological, cognitive and emotional well-being within the community. This can lead to improved ability to use and be part of community services and reduction in incidences of re-admission to hospital due to non-adherence.
A structured pathway of continued rehabilitation enables clients to fulfil and maintain their maximum potential within the community. We provide patients with community based rehabilitation, developing life skills for day-to-day living.
Purpose built Day Therapy Wing includes the following facilities:
- Music and art therapy space
- Digital Inclusion suite
- Treatment rooms
- Fully equipped physiotherapy gym
- Occupational Therapy Assessment Centre
- Quiet areas and counselling space
- Large lounge opening onto garden
- Communal dining Room
- Kitchens and In-house catering team
- Tranquil garden space
To refer a patient call 0207 613 6300 Ext. 6287
or email email@example.com
Mildmay Day Care Therapy has developed two therapeutic pathways of care:
Rehabilitation and Transitional Pathway
- A 12 week rolling programme of rehabilitation.
- Designed to continue improvements in function and mobility. By focussing on health, wellbeing and what each person can do, not what they can’t, we enable people to live their lives as fully as possible.
- Our rehabilitation programme includes group and one-to-one sessions with specific goals and aims.
- Provides a transitional rehabilitation programme from in-patient to greater independence at home.
- This programme will be reviewed and evaluated at the end of each 12 week block with clients either being discharged, repeating the programme or the programme changing to explore other areas of rehabilitation.
Long-term Support, Maintenance and Admission Avoidance Pathway
- Offers a safe and secure environment to offer activities along with a gentler stream of rehabilitation.
- Includes group and 1:1 sessions across the rehabilitation and activities.
- Designed to offer regular intervention, observation and assessment to reduce the number of acute centre admissions experienced by vulnerable adults.
- This programme is also designed to maintain patients who have reached their maximum rehabilitation potential, and ‘removing’ support would result in deterioration of cognitive function.
There is an integrated team that designs, delivers and evaluates the Day Therapy Programmes that consists of:
- Occupational Therapist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Yoga Instructor
- IT Education Facilitator
- Nursing input
- Art Therapist
- Horticultural Therapist
- Day Therapy Co-ordinator and Rehabilitation Assistants
Mildmay’s Day Therapy Programme of groups and activities is a dynamic and evolving programme – below is an example of some of the current activities which form the 12 week Rehabilitation and Transitional Pathway Day Service programmes.
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Group
- Cognitive Skills Group
- Independent and directed exercise group in gym
- Meal Preparation Group – menu planning and cooking
- Mildmay bake off
- Brain Training – Luminosity
- Hand function group
- Digital inclusion – computer training
- Community Integration
- Journey Planning
- Breakfast Club
- Games group
- Horticultural Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Healthy Living Group
- Expert patient group
All the groups and activities have specialist areas and skills that they work to promote. Below is a list of just some of these:
- Fine motor skills
- Gross motor skills
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Literacy (writing)
- Speech and language – responding to questions; generating responses
- Social interaction;
collaboration / cooperation
in achieving a goal, sharing
a workspace / resources;
- Decision making and planning
- Increased confidence with road safety
- Money management
- Problem solving
- Working within boundaries – taking responsibility and social appropriateness
- Road Safety
- Executive function
- Safe food preparation, and healthier / balanced eating
If your client/patient is currently an in-patient in Mildmay please discuss with their keyworker or ensure that is planned for in your patients Discharge Planning Meeting.
For clients/patients in other hospitals or currently at home or in nursing homes please contact our Admissions Co-ordinator on 020 7613 6347, mobile 07921406279 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require more information about Day Care Services or a full 12 week programme/timetable please contact our day care services co-ordinator on 0207 613 6300 Extn: 6287 or email email@example.com